Patient Information & Forms
Before Your Initial Consultation
Please remember to bring the following items when making your first visit.
- Completed Patient Registration Packet
- Completed supplemental forms--our staff will advise you which additional forms to fill out
- Insurance Card
- Driver's License or other official photo identification
- Any imaging studies (X-ray, MRI, etc.) relevant to your consultation
For clinic locations, please refer to the Contact Us page.
Please review the following Preoperative Patient Instructions, which apply to all operations. Location-specific information is listed below.
- Bring medications.
- Discontinue medications that can increase the risk of bleeding one week before surgery.
- Anti-platelet medications such as Aspirin, NSAIDs (e.g. Ibuprofen, Naprosyn, Motrin, Advil), Plavix.
- Anticoagulant medication (blood thinners) such as Coumadin.
- Discuss with primary M.D. which medicines you should take morning of surgery.
- Diabetes medication--if you are receiving daily insulin shots, inject a half dose the day of surgery.
- Take beta blocker medications with sip of water
- Otherwise: Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery.
- Take a shower the night before and the morning of your surgery.
- Bring imaging studies on CD or film format.
SURGERY AT HONOLULU SPINE CENTER
500 Ala Moana Blvd., Bldg. 1, Ste. 301, Honolulu, HI 96813; On-site parking garage entrance on 576 Pohukaina St.
Please arrive no later than 1 hour before scheduled surgery time at Honolulu Spine Center.
Telephone (808) 237-2970
SURGERY AT KAISER PERMANENTE MOANALUA
3288 Moanalua Rd., Honolulu, HI 96819; On-site parking.
SURGERY AT QUEEN'S MEDICAL CENTER
1301 Punchbowl St., Honolulu, HI 96813; On-site parking at Miller St., POB I, and POB II garages. Check in at KINAU 3. Enter through main lobby and take Iolani elevators to third floor, which is Kinau 3. Refer to Queen's Medical Center map.
Please arrive no later than 2 hours before scheduled surgery time at Queen's Medical Center.
Telephone (808) 691-4418